Most likely you have experienced the struggle of human versus plastic or cling wrap rolls, around here it’s usually the wrap that wins. While that alone may be reason enough to start looking for alternatives to storing leftovers, I am sure we would all agree that the harmful and lasting effects those single use plastics have on our environment is a far more serious reason to switch.
Did you know that plastic wrap is not biodegradable? This means that is basically hangs around for eons! Most plastic wraps are made of a synthetic material that doesn’t break down easily allowing it to persist in landfills, oceans and other habitats for hundreds of years. Those rolls we reach for to cover lids, wrap leftovers, pack lunches and preserve our food are contributing big time to the plastic pollution and harming our wildlife, ecosystems and our health.
How can we reduce our single use plastic pollution? Beeswax wraps are a great alternative with extra benefits! Here are a few of the reasons why.
- It’s reusable! That plastic wrap is tough to use the first time but certainly never meant to be reused. Beeswax wraps are simple to clean, rand can be reused multiple times, which saves you money and reduces waste.
- They are sustainable! Made from natural materials they are biodegradable and easily breakdown once discarded. You can even use them for compost.
- They are super versatile! The beeswax is moldable and can be used to cover bowls, create little pouches, wrap sandwiches and make a great gift when bringing food to a friend.
- There are natural antibacterial properties in beeswax that help stop bacteria growth, meaning less rotten food. Love that leftovers and fresh fruit now have a longer life.
- Beeswax is breathable! Unlike plastic wrap it won’t trap moisture or odors that lead to mold and mildew.
LifiBifi is proud to offer our customers a beautiful alternative to single use plastics with Meli Beeswax Sheets. Now you can reduce your impact on the environment, and preserve your food longer in a fun, colorful way. Happy wrapping!